Here is a short list of the boy’s skills. When ever he wants to amaze and impress, he whips out one of these, like a magician with his bag of tricks.
- Rolls over from front to back
- Starting to roll over back to front
- Grabs things with one or both hands
- Starting to crawl backwards
- Pees & poops in a toilet, sometimes
- Holds his own bottle for about 10 seconds, and not very well
- Sleeps through the night
Any non parent might look at that list and say, “Wow, that’s, uh, really great.” They will try and hide the sarcasm so not to make you feel bad, but they definitely won’t be impressed. For me, I’m now starting to feel less like a simple maintenance worker, caring for a 15lb Bodily Function. Now its like there is a third human in the house, with emotions and desires and reactions. All these little skills he has are starting to pile up into a real person.