Happy birthday kid!
This is a little late, but last week we celebrated Tory’s second birthday. Hard to believe. Especially with Tegan being here now, and so small and… infant like. It’s hard to believe that Tory was there once too.
And now here he is, two years into his life, acting like a little boy, learning to talk, running, jumping off everything. Jumping off everything.
For history sake, lets run off a short list of his life skills. I’ll forget if I don’t write it down.
- Starting to put words together into 2-4 word sentences.
- Knows 95% of the alphabet and can point out the letters.
- Likes to ‘read.’ Lays down with a book every night. Usually Curious George.
- Counts to 10, very close to counting to 20.
- Likes trains and cars. A lot.
- Climbs fairly well.
- Can’t climb onto the counters yet. I’m a little disappointed at this.
- Loves his ‘ma-mens’ (vitamins) – Kari is so proud.
- Has a good arm. Lifts his leg like a pitcher when he throws.
- Can’t yet climb out of his crib. Which is mostly just fine.
- Runs. Everywhere.
- Colors and scribbles. Draws a circle. Sorta.
- Still poops in his diaper. Oh, and pees in it too. (all that early potty training was worthless, apparently)
- Likes to brush his teeth.
- Yells ‘Daaaaddddyyyy’ and runs at me like mad when I pick him up from daycare. This is the best thing, ever.
- Likes his skis. Walks around the house in them.
- Monty (the stuffed monkey) is his sidekick.
- Learned what presents were. Now likes to unwrap things.
- Eats Cream of Wheat for breakfast. Except when mom goes crazy and makes oatmeal.
- Still loves bananas.
There is, obviously, so much more, but this is a good list.