What better to do on a cold Saturday than pack the kids up and go for a mass transit adventure?
The goal was simple: Walk to the bus, take it to the Canyons, ride the People Mover up to Kindersport, and then head back.
While the goal was eventually accomplished, the panache with which it was carried out left us tarred and feathered. The day went pretty smoothly for quite a while, and then it didn’t. And when you’re out and about with kids who are starting to melt down, the slide from smooth to rough is pretty abrupt.
I’ll do it again, but with the following adustments:
- Bring more snacks
- Start earlier. Return before nap time
- Walk to the closest bus stop rather than the farthest
- Get on the right bus the first time
- Wait until the weather warms
- Perhaps wait until everyone can walk on their own